A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 12 May 2014

Marie: Assessment Centre

No comments :
Today was a very different and exciting day for me because I attended an Assessment Centre for a Commerce Graduate Program that I had applied for. This was very different to my usual Monday seminar at uni. At first I was a little bit nervous about what to expect from today’s assessments, but I was also very excited at the opportunity to attend this Assessment Centre and the opportunities it will provide me with.

The first part of today included a group assessment and we had to discuss a case study that was provided. In a group of six, we had to come to a conclusion based on the information that we had and we had an hour to choose one of the options that we were given. Every twenty minutes breaking news was given to us and we had to take this into consideration and re-evaluate our decisions. I found this exercise to be very similar to the case studies that I looked at in my tutorials and I was glad that I had done comparable group work during my degree, and that I was able to apply the knowledge that I had gained from these past experiences.

The second part of the Assessment Centre was an individual interview that lasted an hour and was based on competencies and technical abilities. I found this part to also be very interesting and I was able to apply knowledge that I had gained throughout my four years at uni. Now it’s just a matter of waiting to see what feedback I will receive from my performance at the Assessment Centre.

Whatever the outcome will be, today was a very beneficial and informative experience for me and I was able to learn a lot about what companies look for and what the future might hold for me after I finish my degree at the end of this semester :)

No comments :

Post a Comment