A blog by Monash Business students

Friday 8 January 2016

Adrian: Student life

No comments :
This week our students are talking about what life is really like at university. From uni clubs to the biggest difference between high school and university, you’ll learn about all the ins and outs of being a uni student.

Q. What’s the best thing about being a Monash student?
A. The best thing about being a Monash student is the overall student experience. I love the opportunities that are open to me in terms of study, but there is still so much more for me to enjoy. The extra-curricular and social activities available are truly enriching.

Q. How do you balance university and study with other parts of your life?
A. For me this has been a case of trial-and-error. During my studies I have always needed to balance my study, part-time employment, extra-curricular activities, social life and health. It has been extremely important to be organised and develop time-management skills. To do this I’ve needed to recognise that there’s no one way to organise my life. I’ve needed to try different approaches and tactics. Specifically, through trial-and-error I worked out when I could study at my peak so that I could devote the time in my week to this. I could then slot in time for everything else.

Q. Why did you join the Business & Commerce Students Society (BCSS) and the Financial Management Association of Australia (FMAA)?
A. The reasons were twofold. Firstly, I wanted to join for the range of professional development activities on offer. Not only did they provide events for the opportunity to network, but also key skill development workshops which provide the skills to perform well at these events. Secondly, I wanted to join for the social activities. Monash is a big place and it can be difficult to know where to start in making new friends. A student society is a great way to meet like-minded people and participate in some really fun events.

Q. What has been the most important lesson you’ve learnt from your experience?
A. I have learned the importance of networking. Through participating in a number of networking events that these societies host, I’ve learned that having a strong set of connections is extremely important to learn more about a chosen industry and find out more about potential employment.

No comments :

Post a Comment