A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Noam: Studying abroad

No comments :
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to study in a different country for a few weeks, or even a semester? Our students tell you a bit about their overseas experiences.

Q. Tell us a bit about your overseas study experience.
A. I studied renaissance history in Monash's Prato campus in Italy for a month and it was probably the best experience of my uni life. I got to see Italy in a way not many people could. This can be best illustrated by the fact that the author of our textbook was there, just telling us his thoughts about things we were seeing with our own eyes. Plus, it made sense to study renaissance in Florence in the city itself!

Q. Tell us about us about a quirky memory from your trip.
A. We all went to see a soccer game one night. Fiorentina vs another team (I don't remember their name) and it was really cool to see a crowd come alive like that. I'm not a fan of soccer usually and even I was drawn in. We were sitting where all the die- hard supporters were sitting and we were exposed to a true soccer match, full of its obscenities and different intensities.

Q. Can you share one interesting memory from your time abroad?
A. We were walking back down to Florence and on the way we found this yellow car. It was the tiniest car I have ever seen, with a capacity of one. It was so small that I was able to hug it with my hands, I still remember that every so often.

No comments :

Post a Comment