A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Ridhay: My internship experience

No comments :
Do you want to learn more about internships and what they involve? Our students talk about their placement experiences, what they’ve learned and how it’s helped them carve out their own career paths.

Q. Where did you do your placement and why?
A. I did my placement At Puma because there was an amazing opportunity to be directly involved with the Oceania HR division in day-to-day activities and on a project of my own.

Q. What was the scariest or most challenging part of your placement at Puma?
A. Being thrown straight into the workplace and knowing that what you do will have an actual result on how other people go about their own work.

Q. Can you tell us about the most memorable moment of your placement, or share an interesting story from your placement?
A. A memorable moment was being invited to the Corporate Box for the West Coast vs. Collingwood AFL match. It was nice attending an outside function and getting to know the people I work with on a more personal level. It was also the best seats I’ve been at in a sporting match.

Q. Looking back, if there was one thing you could do differently during your placement, what would it be?
A. I would focus a lot more on memorising everyone’s name as quickly as possible. Although it is difficult, it makes a big difference if you can address everyone by name when they say hi to you.

Q. How has your placement impacted on your career goals?
A. It has definitely given me a practical understanding of what a career in HR will be like. It has also helped reaffirm that I like HR and want to continue my career in that direction.

Q. What was the key thing you learned from your placement?
A. How to complete tasks and objectives when the work you complete has very real effects on the operations on the business.

No comments :

Post a Comment