A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 21 March 2016

Nikki: About me

No comments :

Hello! My name is Nikki and I am a third year student studying a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts (Global) double degree, majoring in International Commerce and International Studies.

I am currently involved in several clubs and societies, so do not be surprised to see me running around frantically between club stalls during Orientation Week or university events. At the moment, I am the Human Resource Director for the Vietnamese’ Students Association (VSA Monash) and I am part of the human resource team for the University Network of Investment and Trading (UNIT Monash) club. I have also joined Monash SEED (Socio-Economic Engagement & Development) for Semester 1, 2016 as a non-travelling Cambodia Impact member. Monash SEED focuses on microfinance and social enterprises, which I am eager to learn about and be involved in!

Additionally, I am a Student Success Advisor and a Peer Support Facilitator for Monash University. (Yes, I work and study at Monash. My life seemingly revolves around Monash University and I won’t be surprised if I end up becoming the mascot.)

Previous programs that I have been involved in include the Vice Chancellor’s Ancora Imparo program, both of my faculties' peer ambassador mentor programs and the GPS exchange buddy program. What else am I doing? Well, I am currently planning two exchanges: an intercampus exchange to Malaysia for next semester and an exchange to the University of Nottingham. I completed an intensive intercampus exchange to Prato, Italy last year for my criminology minor and I’m ready to deplete my savings to travel again.

Lastly, if there’s one thing you should know about me then it’s that during my free time, I shamelessly binge through seasons of television shows in ridiculous time frames. If you haven’t gathered already, I have a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out) and knowing when to say no to the next episode of a television show about vigilantes, suave lawyers or dragons.

No comments :

Post a Comment