A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 31 March 2014

Urvashi: Easygoing Monday

No comments :
Today I was in for a surprise because one of my classes was cancelled! That meant I could go home early, but in uni when you miss one class, you have to do A LOT of work to catch up.

I have a lecture at 11 in the morning for Organisational Change and the tutorial straight after. The lecture is so exhausting because the lecturer talks very fast and he mentions a lot of key concepts.

I feel like I’m typing every single second of the hour without a break. At the end of the lecture I realised I typed roughly 3 pages of notes, which is usually the norm for Management subjects – lots of theories and concepts.

After the lecture my friends and I went to the tutorial. I love this class! It’s a two-hour tutorial, so it’s a long time to sit in one spot, but I have my friends to keep me entertained and we always do interactive activities. Last week we were required to make an object using leaves, sticks and anything else we could find from the Caulfield lawn. My group made a cat with a coffee cup we found.

In today’s class, we simulated a Change Consulting Case Study, where I got to be the manager of the “Design Engineering” division of a firm with various problems. Other students pretended to be consultants who come in and devise solutions for the company.

No comments :

Post a Comment