A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 10 March 2014

Molly: Law camp

No comments :
When I arrived at uni on Friday morning, I joined 200 other first year law students anxious to make it to the law basement before 9 am, as we had been told buses would leave at 9 am on the dot. Instead we were informed by our leaders - older law students – that we wouldn’t be leaving until 12 pm. From this, I gathered that by the end of my law degree I will be much more comfortable lying. On our way to Licola, where we would be spending the next two nights, we stopped in Traralgon to load up on supplies for the weekend: alcohol and Maccas. At this point I decided Law camp wouldn’t be like any of my school camps! 

After arriving in Licola and having dinner, we got ready for the first camp activity: trivia. This version of trivia involved opportunities for teams to earn extra points through activities like massaging the judges, which my team declined. If anyone thought this was the weirdest activity they would participate in during  law camp, they were proven wrong the next day, when the Beer Olympics were held. One event involved participants riding each other like horses, and feeding themselves and their horses… 

On Saturday night, the theme was ‘super’. Being enthusiastic Commerce students, my friends and I rejected the superhero angle and instead dressed up as ‘superannuation’, or our interpretation of it - tradies off a superannuation advertisement. 

Law camp was one crazy, tiring and incredibly fun weekend, and I’m looking forward to future Monash events if they’re anything like that!

No comments :

Post a Comment