A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 7 April 2014

Sarah: No such thing as a quiet Monday

No comments :
Week six is renowned for mid semester tests, assignments, oral presentations and in class tests. Believe me, I would know! Thankfully this week is unlike any other week six I’ve experienced at university thus far. It must be a lucky last semester for me, because I have no assignments due or tests!

But just because the pressure cooker assignment frenzy isn’t on me just yet, doesn’t mean my units are not compelling me to keep up with my weekly readings and tutorial questions. This is a common university trap to fall into – taking your foot off the gas when the pressure isn’t on can lead to a car crash. It took me my whole first semester to realise that consistently reviewing course material is the secret to success.

Today I had no classes and worked from 9am till 5pm at Investors Direct Financial Group. I’m a client services officer there, focusing on customer service and lead generation. But the day wasn’t over at 5pm, I rushed to Monash Caulfield to attend an executive marketing committee meeting. Key topics of discussion included upcoming marketing industry events for the year, utilising social media and committee restructuring. I then had a well-deserved coffee with my girls. However, my break was short-lived as I rushed home to consolidate my weekly case law readings for international trade law. Overall, a busy but productive day!

No comments :

Post a Comment