A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Kim: Monash Mystics!

No comments :
Forming a circle and holding out our hands, we proudly call the name of our Cheerleading Club. Tonight, the beautifully talented Open University Pom Team members and I had our weekly training session with our amazing coaches: Jodie and Margarita.

We have been practicing hard to get ready for our first two competitions: the Australian All Star Cheer and Dance Championships Winterfest, which will be held at the end of June, and the Southern University Games in early July. I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!

I still have a lot of room for improvement and so many skills to learn, however my dedicated coaches and my enthusiastic girls have been very willing and more than happy to help me practice. We are still a new team, but we all share the same passion and commitment. I guarantee that we are trying our best to keep up the Mystics' legacy (one of the teams were undefeated last year!) and I feel very happy and lucky to be a part of this family.

Most of the girls have strong dancing backgrounds, but what is more impressive is their passion for dancing. One would easily fall in love with them if they saw how much they really enjoy dancing. I used to dance, sing, and give many performances when I was younger, even joining the APAC Choir. I stopped properly dancing three years ago, but certainly felt something lacking. Although I had never been trained as intensely and professionally as the other girls in the team, dancing has always been a part of my life – similar to eating, sleeping and studying. Thanks to Monash Mystics, I now have a chance to keep up my passion. I feel very happy, healthy and active. I usually can’t wait for the next training session.

By the way. There are many clubs and societies at uni where you can meet people who share the same passions, like singing, debating, reading manga, drawing or even eating chocolate! Being a part of a club or society definitely helps keep up passions, develop new skills and expand the social networks :)

No comments :

Post a Comment