A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 19 May 2014

Kim: Peer Mentor Program

No comments :
Today my fellow BusEco PAL 2014 Ambassadors and I had our ninth, and also last, meeting with our seven first-year mentees. And guess what we had – a boring meeting where our mentees were interviewed about how they were doing? Nah! Instead, we were all chatting and eating lots of brownies, cupcakes, Kit Kats, Cadbury blocks, homemade cookies, green tea, cookies and candy! Each of us brought something to eat, and together we enjoyed the small farewell party. Of course, we will still be seeing each other around uni and hanging out together as friends. However after our last meeting today, the Peer Mentor Program has ended and we are no longer officially responsible for their transition into uni life.

I am very proud and happy to see how well my mentees are doing at Monash and I hope that our advice has been helpful. We’ve all become close friends and now they can enjoy their uni life to the max!

My mentees reminded me of my first year at uni. Everything was new, interesting and exciting! However, I felt nervous at the same time as the new environment was strange and there was so much to learn. Nevertheless, I went through all challenges and I had so much fun. Some of the most supportive people were my awesome friends and my amazing mentors, who I met during the Orientation Week. We’ve all become really close and some have proved to feel like family now.

The main reason my five closest friends and I became so close was through the Peer Mentor Program together. We were taken care of by three really nice mentors and we had opportunities to catch up every week. Our mentors gave us lots of good advice and encouragements for our studies and our social lives at Monash, making the program very meaningful!

No comments :

Post a Comment