A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Val: Behind the scenes at Monash

No comments :
I’m currently interning with the Marketing and Recruitment Group at Monash, and there is never a dull moment. I’ve always loved coming to Monash, and it’s been super fun learning what goes on behind the scenes to running a university (especially one with so many people)!

I’ve done so many interesting things so far, ranging from: speaking to Actuarial students to promote the BusEco Video Competition, listening to PhD students present their thesis in three minutes in the Three Minute Thesis Competition, meeting with branding consultants for Monash’s new Business School and watching videographers film Monash academics!

I have never thought too much about what’s involved with running a university but there’s so much going on it’s hard to keep up! It’s been really eye opening and inspiring to see how much each academic and staff member puts in to make sure every student has the best opportunities and has ample support for success. Even though the early mornings are tough, I feel really lucky to be in such a supportive and fun environment (I mean, there was cake and morning tea on my first day! Can it get any better?).

No comments :

Post a Comment