A blog by Monash Business students

Thursday 21 August 2014

Val: Let's get creative!

No comments :
Waking up and driving to uni for an 8am marketing seminar is always a struggle. I can’t deny that waking up, getting ready and leaving the house before the sunrise is not a highlight of my week, but it’s nothing a strong cup of tea can’t fix! (I also just realised that I complained about early mornings in my last post!)

However, I love going to my classes to learn about what’s going on in the world and how I can apply my degree to real life experiences. This week’s seminar focussed on company culture and was filled with fun YouTube clips such as a ‘How to Create a Movement in 3 Minutes’ TED talk and a ‘What is Culture Video’. A take-away point for me was that ‘Creativity is a driving success factor for a company’. In order to be relevant and to stand out from the crowd, companies need to give people room to think of innovative ideas and new ways of doing things!

It’s great to know that commerce is definitely not just all about numbers, and that it can be creative as well. Just look at all the super cool and creative Coke Cola Happiness ads, or the Volvo Epic Split Ad. I spent the rest of my day finishing a marketing report, editing some pictures for my blog and putting up posters for the Undergrad Video Competition, which is running until the start of October. The Video Competition is a great example of creativity in commerce, and with such a great prize I’m definitely making an entry!

No comments :

Post a Comment