A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Cynthia: CPA Congress 2015

No comments :

Today was a busy day!

I didn't have uni today, but I was up at 6am in the morning to help out at the annual CPA Congress 2015 as a CPA Student Ambassador. It is a big five-day conference where people come to attend seminars based on leadership, strategy and business. It was a great behind-the-scenes insight into such a big event.

I initially got involved with CPA to network with others and expand my volunteering/extracurricular activities. Since then I have helped out at quite a few events at Monash, despite only joining this year. I definitely recommend students to take up opportunities such as these outside of university – you are able to meet new people and see new things!

Afterwards, I headed to my tutoring job. I currently tutor a class of primary school students twice a week. There was a three week break due to the school holidays, and every time we come back it takes some time getting used to all the young energy in the room. After getting up early and standing up all day, this was a bit hard to do!

No comments :

Post a Comment