A blog by Monash Business students

Thursday 24 March 2016

Nikki: Mid-Semester Break Plans

No comments :

Mid-Semester is just around the corner and it couldn't come any sooner! This week I finished one group assignment, wrote up a human resources evaluation report, conducted recruitment interviews, attended two committee meetings, organised a committee bonding event, worked at two jobs and....finally submitted my intercampus exchange application for Malaysia. Phew! Week 4 is done and dusted! I can finally get some decent sleep and rest up!

I am really excited for Malaysia, even though the application required me to photocopy two copies of every single page of my newly issued passport, and I had to provide passport photographs with a BLUE background. I did not realise how difficult it would be to do that! Virtually no post office or photography shop took passport photos with a blue background.

Several of my friends told me that planning for an exchange can be very stressful and time-consuming - they were spot-on. If you’re interested in doing an exchange, I suggest leaving a sufficient amount of time to plan it.

So what other plans do I have next week, besides catching up on sleep? Well, believe it or not, I will be planning for ANOTHER exchange that will take place straight after Malaysia. My next exchange isn’t an intercampus exchange (which has a slightly easier application process, even though it was still pretty tedious). Instead, it’s an exchange to a partner university, and as expected there are a lot more requirements and I will need to do some research over the mid-semester break.

Next week, I will also be hosting the committee bonding event for the new recruits joining VSA Monash and helping set up the investment banking case competition for UNIT Monash. We’re holding the committee bonding event at Clip n' Climb Rock Climbing, which is rock-climbing… with a unique twist. It has strange rock-climbing obstacles that are different from traditional rock climbing obstacles, such as slides, wheels, poles and ladders! I have also organised an amazing race in the city for another committee bonding event this Saturday.

Hopefully both bonding events will be a success!

No comments :

Post a Comment