A blog by Monash Business students

Friday 11 March 2016

Paigi: PwC Insiders Night

No comments :

Week two has come and (almost) gone, and I never expected everything to get so busy so quickly! As I’m in my penultimate year already (the second last year of uni), my timetable is filled with lots of networking events, information sessions and applications to complete.

This week I attended the PwC Insiders Night, which is when PwC opens up their doors and lets students network with different representatives from each of their service lines. I was given the opportunity to meet leaders from the industry, to learn about their experiences and how they reached their positions. I also met with members of the graduate recruitment team and learnt how to make my application stand out.

This was my second time networking, and while it was still awkward (and involved a lot of hovering around the food table), I feel like I got so much out of it! Plus, the more you go to, the easier it gets.

Deciding what you want to do after you graduate is such a hard decision to make, especially at 19-years of age! So I highly recommend going to these sessions and taking every opportunity you can!

As for next week, there are even more networking evenings lined up!

No comments :

Post a Comment