A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 7 March 2016

Paigi: Typical Monday

No comments :

With university life now in full swing, I thought it would be a good idea to give you all a glimpse of what a typical day is like for me.

I spent this morning with a coffee in hand, up early for a 9am lecture. I know that 9am starts are pretty normal when you’re in high school, but after you add in commuting time, you’ll regret ever pretending to be a morning person (well I do!). I tried my very best to listen and take notes in an interesting, albeit hard, lecture, and I (awkwardly) attempted to make friends with the people around me. But uni isn’t all about classes, and the library-ridden daily routine doesn’t really start until SWOTVAC, which is the week before exams.

Today I had some new mentees to eat lunch with. I already love mentoring; I think it’s the nostalgia these excited first years bring, and I really enjoy giving them advice and answering their questions. Also, you can’t forget to get a free sausage for lunch – if you look hard enough, there is always a free sausage sizzle somewhere around the corner!

Often I’ll have another tutorial after lunch, or I’ll hang around at uni to get some work done with friends – nothing like a solid library session to make you feel organised! But today I was rostered on for work in the afternoon. Having a part-time job while studying at university is something I’d highly recommend.

Even though there are sometimes grumpy customers, lots fake smiles and I often go home tired from my shift, work gives me a chance to take a break from my studies. Although it may seem like uni is hectic and all, working part time gives you the chance to gain experience, skills, friends and money (for those expensive text books). Plus, if you manage your time well, there is nothing you can’t do!

No comments :

Post a Comment