A blog by Monash Business students

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Cindy: My long awaited QLD trip

No comments :

Just before the mid semester break started, I packed my bags, drove to the airport and flew to Queensland!

Though it was only four weeks into the semester, I was already looking forward to a good rest and a chance to sleep in. The weekly commute to and from campus is something I don’t think I’ll ever miss about being a uni student. As I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, it takes me a minimum of 1.5 hours to get to uni. My earliest class this semester is at 10am on a Monday, which doesn’t sound too bad, but it sure is when it means that I have to be awake by 7am!

The warm weather and friendly people I came across made my Queensland trip a lot better than expected. I stayed in Brisbane for five days and the remaining three on the Gold Coast. Most of my adventures happened in Gold Coast, where I visited Dreamworld, experienced the SkyPoint Climb and of course ate my way through the city. While I was in Brisbane, I didn’t get the opportunity to see or do much, but stumbled upon a library within one of their shopping centres. It looked like a retail store from the outside, so it really took me by surprise because that never happens in Melbourne. I picked out a book called ‘Monsters’ by Emerald Fennell and couldn't put it away. If you're into comic with some mystery and suspense, I highly recommend it!

Being away meant I got little work done. However, I did take my uni work with me because I knew I had a mid-semester test on the first Monday back, so studying for that was one of my top priorities. I also have an assignment due in Week 6 that I started, because from past experience, I find that I do so much better when I leave enough time to edit and go to more consultation times for advice.

My advice is to start at least three weeks before the due date, that way you can pick up mistakes that you won't be able to find if you decide to start the night before that deadline (which is NEVER a good idea, trust me).

No comments :

Post a Comment