A blog by Monash Business students

Friday 29 April 2016

Nick: 7 Deadly Sins Ball

No comments :

Last night, I got to experience one of the best things about completing my university degree at Monash – one of the many university society balls.

I attended the Clayton Student Art’s Society or (SAS) annual ball, “The 7 Deadly Sins Ball”. Like many of the uni balls, this one was themed, and we had to come dressed as one of the seven deadly sins – gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, pride, lust and envy.

I really enjoyed dressing up with my friends and allowing myself a night off to not worry about work, uni or internship commitments. It was an awesome night, with the ticket including a three-course dinner and drinks, as well as a bus to the after party.

There were a lot of amazing outfits, with many people doing really interesting and creative things with the theme. My favourite costume was a very dapper looking Donald Trump, in my opinion the embodiment of “greed” in today’s society.

Waking up this morning for classes, though, was certainly a struggle. Luckily I pre-empted my laziness (or “sloth”), and set about six alarms in five-minute intervals at 8:30am to ensure I got out of bed and into class.

This morning was definitely a struggle, but the night was totally worth it.

If I have any recommendations to university students - current and future - it is spend the money to attend these events with friends. It might be a little bit expensive, but it’s a great way to meet new people and experience something that is unique to university life – totally worth the cost of a ticket!


No comments :

Post a Comment