A blog by Monash Business students

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Nick: Crunch time

No comments :

Week 8, as I’m sure many university students know, is crunch time. I have two assignments due by Friday this week, with a combined total word count of 5000.

Unfortunately, during these weeks, your regular commitments don’t ease up either, and I’ve had to employ many late-night coffee binges to ensure that I’m in a good place with my workload.

Tuesday kicked off as all Tuesday’s do, with my internship at Monash Business School. The internship, running from 9-5, involves assisting with the many jobs around the office. Luckily for me, these aren’t limited to photocopying and other dull activities; I’ve had a hand in helping out with the Instagram account for the school and heaps of other cool stuff like that!

I’ve really enjoyed my time so far at the internship because I feel like it has really challenged my time management skills and provided me with a range of great experiences.

After my internship it’s off to Liquorland, to do my regular 6 - 9.15pm Tuesday shift. I love my job because I enjoy the interaction with customers and the satisfaction I get when I help them pick the right bottle of wine. I also enjoy the sense of responsibility I get when I’m left to organise and manage the store by myself – allowing me an autonomy that I don’t get elsewhere, and that’s really awesome.

After my shift, I try to tackle the big assignments waiting for me. Armed with a jumbo “share” pack of lollies and a LOT of coffee, the next couple of hours were a blur of productivity and procrastination (about 60/40%). By 2am, and 15 “recommended” servings of lollies later, I’ve finally finished and the sense of accomplishment is astounding.

Now it’s off to bed, for a 9am start again tomorrow!

No comments :

Post a Comment