A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 9 May 2016

Mangala: Hooray for long weekends!

No comments :

The week began with a day off! Hooray for long weekends.

I’ve been fortunate enough to have a timetable with two days off – Monday and Wednesday. Part of this is attributed to the fact that there are less contact hours (hours where you actually have to go into university and attend a lecture or tutorial) in Commerce, compared to other degrees.

However, having less contact hours doesn’t necessarily equate to less study. In fact, it means that there is a lot more self-study to be done. With my first final exam exactly a month away, today has been dedicated to studies and finishing off assignments. The latest assignment in question is a management accounting essay worth 20% of the final unit mark! It’s been several weeks since I started working on the essay, and yet I continue to find myself proofreading and editing it. That said, Mondays aren’t all about study. I always allocate an hour or two of exercise on my days off, and so during the evening I found myself jogging around the local park.

Whilst this routine of studying, exercise, and then more studying may sound mundane, I find that it is extremely refreshing to have a simplistic routine once a week. Mondays are the one day a week where I do have the opportunity to meditate, converse with my family and mentally prepare for the rest of the week.

No comments :

Post a Comment