A blog by Monash Business students

Monday 4 August 2014

Chloe: Open Day, hit like a hurricane!

No comments :
Despite the high-octane charge (some might call chaos) that makes the day, I enjoyed every minute of it. Volunteering as a BusEco Open Day Leader this year has provided me with the opportunity to develop my leadership skills and also share my uni experience with the next group of school leavers. There were many bright students and though the slogan might be a little cliché, it is true that Monash is the place where brilliance begins. How do I know this? The brilliant smiles of all our volunteers who warmly welcomed the new faces to our campus, eager for them to experience what we, the current students, enjoy or even take for granted.

Getting involved in the lead up to the BIG day allowed me to stretch myself; writing for this blog for example. This is definitely not something I would have considered in the past. Engineering students have a reputation for being people of too few words - keep it brief, even cryptic - in the written context, of course.

University is much more than studying and graduating with a degree, the opportunities to grow in so many aspects of life are limitless. All you have to do is get involved and make the most of every day. I hope that those of you who came along to Open Day got a glimpse of the exciting summits you can target in uni life and Monash. Until you open the door to your future, you will never know what awaits you on the other side.

As this is my last entry, I wish you all the best with your upcoming exams.

No comments :

Post a Comment