A blog by Monash Business students

Thursday 17 September 2015

Mira: Presentation day!

No comments :

I got up early this morning for a gym session and to get ready for my marketing presentation. Hopefully our group does well! I am a bit nervous because, as I’ve mentioned before, there are not many presentations in my Accounting major. But I reckon we’ll be alright – crossing my fingers!

While I’m majoring in Accounting, I also enjoy taking marketing and management units as well. Because a lot of the units in business are quite connected to each other, I’ve realised that combining different units works really well when they’re all combined together. Therefore, I try to take various units as electives in order to expand my business knowledge.

As I mentioned in my first entry, time flies so quickly! It feels like it’s only Tuesday but it’s almost the weekend! I might stay late at the library to finalise an assignment due next week. On top of that, I’m also going to book some workshops and seminars for a Leaders Program.

This year I’m doing the PALs Leaders Program, which finishes in October after I’ve submitted a portfolio. It’s a really good opportunity to develop leadership skills as we participate in many workshops and seminars. In addition, we have to do a team project where we can apply our leadership skills to real project.

Our team did our project this week, and I think it was a success! We organised a barbeque at the Caulfield campus, and chatted to and shared study tips with the students. As you can see from the photo, we had such a great time!

I encourage all students to join in the many activities and programs available. You can study and enjoy yourselves at the same time!

No comments :

Post a Comment