A blog by Monash Business students

Friday 6 May 2016

Anthony: Comparisons

No comments :

When I was in VCE, we were always told that it was just one big competition. To be near the top, you had to be better than your peers. But I always found that being compared to every other student is quite disheartening.

It’s still quite a similar story for me now. Just this week, I received my results for a research report on the use of graphs in financial reports and like always, everyone wanted to know what their peers got. Having put a lot of effort in this report, there were other students who received higher marks than myself, even when they did the assignment right before it was due.

However, what I have learnt is that we must never be bitter in these situations, but instead just always strive to be our best. We should always take situations like this and use them as a learning opportunity for us in the future as we can only improve if we keep trying.

No comments :

Post a Comment